As of 4:00 AM EST on February 01, 2015
Sunday... Mostly cloudy in the morning, then overcast with a chance of snow. High of 36F with a windchill as low as 12F. Winds from the WNW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 50%.
Sunday Night... Overcast with snow. Fog overnight. Low of 27F with a windchill as low as 14F. Winds from the ENE at 5 to 20 mph shifting to the North after midnight. Chance of snow 100% with accumulations up to 4 in. possible.
Monday... Overcast with ice pellets, then ice pellets and snow in the afternoon. High of 36F with a windchill as low as 19F. Breezy. Winds from the NNE at 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 30 mph. Chance of precipitation 100% with accumulations up to 1 in. possible.
Winter Storm Warning
Statement as of 4:16 am EST on February 1, 2015
... Winter Storm Warning in effect from 7 PM this evening to 6 PM
The National Weather Service in New York has issued a Winter
Storm Warning for snow... sleet and freezing rain... which is in effect
from 7 PM this evening to 6 PM EST Monday.
* Locations... the New York City and New Jersey metropolitan
areas... northern Nassau and northwest Suffolk counties... and
southeastern coastal Connecticut.
* Hazard types... snow... sleet and freezing rain.
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches... along
with around one quarter of an inch of ice.
* Winds... northeast 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* Temperatures... in the upper 20s.
* Visibilities... one quarter mile or less at times.
* Timing... tonight through Monday.
* Impacts... hazardous travel due to reduced visibilities and
significant snow... sleet and ice accumulations.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow
are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an
emergency. If you must travel... keep an extra flashlight... food...
and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.